I am a Puma.
Not a Puma as in the sneaker brand.
And not a Puma as in the wild large cat that stalks and eats bighorn sheep (gross).
The only thing I stalk is younger men.
Ok, ok. I don’t ACTUALLY stalk younger men. Thinking back though, there has been a high instance of younger men hitting on me. I am going to attribute it to the fact that I look younger than I am and they don’t realize that I could be their Mrs. Robinson. Yeah…… that must be it.
Regardless of why or how, I did manage to catch myself a man 4 years younger than me (Technically, as he is always reminding me, it is 3 and a half years….. but I round up). Read about it here.
A lot of people will tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman dating a man who is younger than her. And I agree with that. Then those same people think it’s funny to tease me about my much younger boyfriend. Jerks. They must just be jelly.
Honestly, I choose not to care about it. If we were to manage to stay together forever, it works out great because the men almost always die before the women, and I will get a couple more years out of him than I would with someone my own age.
AND, he can keep up, if you know what I’m saying (wink wink).
Aside from the fact that he is handsome and rocks my socks and the added bonus that he will not die too soon, leaving me old and alone, he is just pretty F***ing awesome. Let me break it down for you:
1) He rubs my feet when I have had a crappy day. Even though he hates my socks, he rubs my feet until I am ready to fall asleep on him on the couch.
2) He knows exactly what I like on my sandwiches. I swear he only saw me make one once, but he must have made a mental note that I like mayo, lettuce and tomato and cheese, because he makes it that way every time without even having to ask what I want. Basically what this translates to is that he pays attention to what I like and what I do not like and that is AWESOME.
3) He thinks I am beautiful even when I have my sweats on and my hair is in a ponytail and I have no make up on and generally look like a scary monster out of Lord of the Rings.
Not the cute hobbit...
More like the stupid, fat one.
4) I get up every morning at 6:30 to get ready for work. He does not usually have to be to work until the afternoon. He still gets up with me every morning and starts my car for me and makes me a cup of coffee and packs me a lunch. Yes, you read that correctly, he could be sleeping in and instead he gets up to make me a lunch. The other morning he zipped up my sweatshirt for me because "It's chilly outside" before he handed me my lunch and kissed me on the forehead. I almost died right there.
5) We laugh. A whole lot. He is funny and the good news is that he thinks I am funny too. We can be goofy and silly with each other. I don't know about him, but that is something that I am not able to do with many people.
6) He thinks I am smart. I feel about half retarded most of the time and he still thinks I am a smart cookie. Even when he has to fix my computer for me ;)
7) Have I mentioned that he totally rocks my socks? Yeah. High Five, Babe!!
8) He loves my birds. We even got a new birdy together and he is so good with them. Boys who are good with animals melt my heart :)
9) He takes me for rides on his motorcycle and we go fast and it's FUN! VROOOOOOM!
10) He likes spending time with my family with me. He actually suggested that we invite my parents over for dinner this weekend. Pretty awesome.
11) I don't worry. Not about my relationship with him. I won't lie, I have had my fair share (more than fair) of shitty relationships where I could never truly trust the person I was with. I could never really relax, and let my hair down and just enjoy being in love without worrying about what could be going on behind my back. I can do that now. It's the best feeling in the world.
So I guess if I need to be a Puma to have this relationship, than that is alright with me.
I’m not really sure what I am doing right, but you can bet your bippy that I am going to unknowingly continue to do it!!