Wednesday, December 26, 2012
New Years Resolutions- Dec 29, 2010
Sadly, hardly any of these things were accomplished despite my enthusiastic approach. I will cut and paste to my New Years Resolutions circa 2013.
3 more days and it will be 2011. And in just over two weeks I will be 30. I have been trying really hard not to let this milestone effect me in a weird midlife crisis sort of way, it's just another birthday right? No, not really. Not when I think about all the plans I had and a certain list I made a few years ago titled "Things I need to do before I am 30".... I sadly have not crossed anything off that list yet. I am a busy girl, but its no excuse for putting off things that are important to me. So with that list in mind, and of course the new goals that have come to me over the course of this year, here are my 2011 New Years Resolutions:
1. For the love of all things Holy, I am going to finish up the last 3 classes I need at Shasta College so I can transfer. I have no excuse for not having it done already. It's just that I work full time and so the only time I can get out there is at night. And after I work all day, the last thing I want to do is spend another 3 hours or so on campus. And then homework. Ick! But that is just laziness talking.... I can do it. I will do it.
2. Gym. Gym. Oh yeah, GYM. I need to get my ass in gear. I went 5 days a week for the longest time. Then my membership expired and I didn't renew it right away and I sat around like a lazy slob. And I can definitely tell where it has gotten me. I try to stay active, but between the blistering heat in the summer and the freezing rain in the winter... there are not a whole lot of usable outdoor months in this area. So back to the gym I go. I will just go right after work, on my way to class. Plenty of time :p I have about 25 pounds I would like to kiss goodbye.
3. Oh, boys. My heart and I are going to sit down and have a little talk. Heart is no longer allowed to become attached to emotionally unavailable men. Not even the ones who pretend to be available and say things like "Oh wow. Becky you are so super and I like you lots and you make me happpppy. Let's spend lots of time together so I can convince you that I might be interested in sticking around for awhile". Because that is almost always closely followed by "Becky, I like you a lot, but....". And the "But" has shown itself to be many varied things. NEWSFLASH: I am not some experiment for you to test out and make sure you are ready for the real thing. I AM the real thing! And I am pretty f*ing awesome. Got that, heart? I hope you were paying attention. Recap- No more wishy-washy boys. I know this sounds like a very specific example of a thing that happened once.... but sadly this has happened to me plenty of times.
4. Learn to play the guitar. This was on my list of things to do before I am 30. I tried once, and failed. Damn these small hands! But I shall not give up. I am gonna dust off my guitar (yes, I have one) and try try again.
5. Be a better cook. Maybe I need a class or something. I am sure I can squeeze it in somewhere between the gym and math class. At nearly 30 years old I should be a better cook. It's a good thing I have Deana... otherwise I would be subsisting on spaghetti and chocolate chip cookies.That doesn't sound half bad, but it is probably most of the reason I need to get back to the gym so badly ;p
6. Go to Hawaii. Before 2011 is over. I need sandy beaches and umbrella drinks.
7. Be a good friend, but stop allowing my "good" friends to walk all over me. I must learn to say no. I am really good at telling others how to say no, but I am not so good at the practical application of it. Those who can't do, teach. Right? ;p
Well, I think that covers most of it. I left out the really boring stuff, like getting my eyebrows waxed instead of tweezing, and getting three stars on all the Angry Birds levels ;p
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Becky Jean